FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not yet seen.
Heb. 11:1

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cookbook Fundraiser!!!


Update 4/6/12 - We still have 35 cookbooks left.  

 I picked up our cookbooks today from the printers.  They are really cute!!
The front cover was drawn by Maggie.  Jacob drew the back cover and Emmi has
a picture in the book - seen in the photo below (Nai Nai's cookies). 

 Nai Nai hadn't seen the book until today.  She was really surprised and liked it especially
the insert that is in each book.  It shares our adoption journey all the way back
to my dad, also an orphan.  She did say that she didn't think there were enough
recipes in it, however, when I took the book to print, I had lots of pages and it looked
like it would be fuller.  It's really hard to get a picture in your head of the outcome of such a project.  So I decided to include shipping in the price of the book.  Nai Nai did say that she
would sign each book.  How cool is that?    There are 21 recipes
included.  Please know this is a fundraiser and going toward our adoption expenses to
get our Faith home.  We just need our inter-country fees and we're finished. 



The cookbooks are $10 each including shipping or 2 for $18, 3 for $25.  If you would
like to get a tax deductable receipt, you can pay through our Lifesong account either
through mail or their paypal account.  Please include "Vantrease adoption #2661"
on the memo of the check or in your paypal invoice.  The paypal link is:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CK7V4K6KSBAQQ

or you can mail your donation to:

Lifesong for Orphans
PO Box 40 / 202 N. Ford St.
Gridley, IL 61744

*don't forget to include #2661 Vantrease in the memo section.


There's a bible verse that I've been looking for, I even googled it.  But I couldn't
find it.  I received a sweet note from an adoption mom that I've met recently since we've been
on our journey to Faith.  In the note she referenced a Bible scripture.  The other night
I tried to find it.  However, the verse was in my e-mail and everyone had already
gone to bed.  I thought the verse was James 29 when in fact it was Jeremiah 29.  I
can't remember anything these days, mommy brain I guess.  So anyway as I was
looking through James, there it was James 1:27

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after
orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted
by the world"  James 1:27

The verse my sweet friend was referring to is in Jeremiah 29, lay down your life and
he will see you through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment