FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not yet seen.
Heb. 11:1

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Maggie, our little gymnist


Oh my, I don't think I could do the flips and flops that Maggie does at gymnastics when I was her age. In fact, I can't even do a cartwheel (then and certainly not now). Out of all three kiddos, Maggie is the one that honestly can't sit still. I love that God blessed us with three children who are so very different. And out of the three, Maggie is Miss congeniality. I get so tickled when I go to school and see her in action. Every teacher she meets, she gives a hug. That's my Maggie!! Oh, and did I mention that she is a wiggle worm. Of all the activities that she could possibly participate in, gymnastics is just right up her alley. She loves gymnastics!!!! It amazes me to sit and watch her do the rotations. She has the upper body strength like no other in her little class. She runs at everything she attempts and keeps trying until she gets it right. In fact, she taught herself to do the cartwheel (in our living room). I knew she would love gymnastics when one day on our jungle gym at home, I turned around and she was sitting on the top of the swingset. I just about panicked. Nope, she didn't go for the little trapeze bar, she went for the top of the swingset. Just sitting there like a bird pirched on a tree limb. She has no fear, which scares me a lot. I hope this little video clip works. This was from this afternoons gymnastics class. I finally remembered to take my camera. And no she doesn't use up all that energy at class. She has plenty left over for the rest of the night. Me, I'd be plum tuckered out.
The video would not upload so I'm adding a couple of pictures. Unfortunately, the pictures are kind of dark, especially the one of Maggie on the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment