FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not yet seen.
Heb. 11:1

Friday, October 15, 2010

Faith

Fundraiser Our first fundraiser is through Sarahs Treasure Box. What an amazing lady to work so diligently to prepare her beautiful necklaces and give so much of herself to help others financially help bring their child home. Thank you Sarah again, and again, and again. I just can't say it enough. This is our 4th adoption and the financial piece is what was holding us back. I'm diving in and trusting in God that He will provide for us through this journey.
The fundraiser begins next Thursday, Oct. 21st. I have Sarahstreasurebox link on my blog. She is giving $5 of every purchase towards our adoption. Some of you may have already visited her etsy store and even ordered her beautiful necklaces. If not, you are going to be in for a real treat. I ordered two and am so impressed with them. They look beautiful with a t-shirt or dressed up. So pretty!!! These necklaces make great gifts for teachers, co-workers, family members, kids (my daughters just love them too), etc. And the price certainly makes them affordable to give as gifts. So I hope and pray that you will get out your Christmas list and start looking at Sarahstreasurebox. You can begin placing your orders at midnight, Thursday morning 12:00a.m. Again, it's a ONE day fundraiser and orders must be placed Oct. 21 in order to count for our fundraiser.
I'm also asking that you please post our fundraiser on your blog, facebook, twitter, etc. Her link is http://www.etsy.com/shop/sarahstreasurebox

A little more about our daughter:
I title this post Faith, as that is the name we hope to give her. I guess we'll wait to see what she thinks about it. However, As I have pondered an English name for her, the first name that really popped into my head was Faith as I know this adoption is in God's hands as He has lead us to this sweet child. From reading my previous posts, you may already know that this child tugged at my heart the first day I saw her. For the last 7 months I have thought about her day and night and prayed earnestly to God that if this little girl is to become part of our family, that he keep her on my heart. Not knowing what my husband would say about adding a fourth child to our family, I also prayed that God would give him a soft heart. I honestly thought that my hubby would say "are you crazy?". I could not believe his positive, open reaction as he was so compassionate to her need of a family when I told him about her. That's my hubby!!
A little bit about our girl:
Wang - means "accumlate"
Xia - means "rosy clouds" "morning or evening glow"
SN - sequelae from brain trauma - cp
age - 10 years old

As an infant, before 6 months of age, she had a head injury. Her reports state that she loves school and does well in school. She loves to dance and perform. I'm so fortunate to have pictures of her performing on Children's Day this year. I also have a video of her performing. Emmi, takes dance, so I hope Wangxia will be open to learning other forms of dance, ballet, tap or jazz. We'll see!!
I also have a video of her being interviewed during an agency camp. My heart just melted when she was asked what she most wanted and she replied "to have a family". Hopefully the paperchase will be speedy as we are so looking forward to bringing her home!

Again, I hope you will pass our fundraiser along and post it on your blogs and facebook especially the day of the event, Oct. 21st. I forgot to add that custom orders do not count on the day of the event. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. I remember your daughter very well. Sending much love and congratulations on your exciting news!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete