FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not yet seen.
Heb. 11:1

Friday, April 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Maybe next week I'll actually post my Thankful Thursday post on Thursday. I am so thankful for so many things. But for today, I am thankful for being able to hear the words "mom", "mommy", "hey mom", "mum", etc. Nine years ago, 2000, Mike and I had just signed on with our second adoption agency. We were getting nowhere with the first agency and were about to give up. One day at work, I met a mom who had adopted a little girl from the Martial Islands. I had told her about our challenges with our first agency and she gave me the name of her agent and told me to call her immediatley. I did and we signed on with that agency within a week. Once our paperwork was submitted to China, the wait began. Even as our paperwork sat in China, we ran into more obstacles. China needed us to have a medical test completed before giving approval. I remember driving down our street one morning in the fall of '00. I prayed to God that if it wasn't in His plan for us to have a child, that I was o.k. with that. But please let us get some news soon. And if it was His plan for us to adopt a child, that it would happen soon (that was pretty much the verbage). Our medical tests came back fine (I'm such a worrier, I should have put that in God's hands too). That paperwork was sent on to China and within just a few weeks we received the referral of our precious 11 month old daughter Emmi. Once we received her picture, I showed it to Mike. He was in the backyard. I'll never forget that moment nor those moments with Maggie and Jacob. So I am so thankful for all three of our children and that it was God's hand that brought us all together as a family. I thought for Thursday that I would count how many times I heard the word "mom" and all it's variations. I woke up Thursday morning and was ready. Once the kids got out of bed, Maggie started talking and had already said mom seven times within 2 or 3 minutes. I immediately new that this was not going to work. I needed my little gadget, the step counter. If I could only find it. I can't count in my head and listen and talk to the kids at the same time. What was I thinking? I guess I hear it soo much that I tend to tune it out. And of course there are times that I wish I could change my "mom" name to something else because I do hear it so much. But in fact, I love the numerous times my "mom" name is called. I once yearned to have that name, and now I have it. I'm so thankful and prey that I hear my "mom" name for many, many years to come. I thank God for being my Miracle Moving God.

Anita
aka "mom"

No comments:

Post a Comment