FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not yet seen.
Heb. 11:1

Friday, April 3, 2009

Thankful, but it's not Thursday!

I love the Thankful Thursday posts that a blogger friend of mine posts each week. In fact, I hope to start my very own Thankful Thursday posts today, although today is Friday. It's hard to sometimes find the time to post, however, I know it's up to me to make that a priority and just do it. I love reading my bloggy friends blog as it gives me so much inspiration. So here we go:

1. I'm so thankful for my marvelous God. Oh how I love Him. He is always there for me.
2. I'm so thankful for my 3 kiddos. They bring me so much joy and oh how they are growing - way to fast!!! Slow down!
3. I'm so thankful for my hubby of 24 years. Is that right? 24 years? Oh, I think it is. Where did the time go?
4. I'm thankful for adoption.
5. I'm thankful for my kid's interest in art. I have a big, and I mean big, project in store for them. I'll post a picture once it's done. I need a big piece of artwork over our sofa and came across a blank canvas that was going to be thrown away. Oh yea, the kids will love that. I can't wait to see their finished work!
6. I'm soo thankful for my mom, my friend. We talk twice a day. It's funny, 20 years ago I might have called her twice a week. Thanks mom for all you do!
7. I'm thankful for my in-laws. After 24 years, we still continue to grow as a family.

I could go on and on and on. I found this scripture on a bloggy friends blog. I know she won't mind if I post it. Sometimes I forget to put my worries in God's hands and I try to handle them on my own. I know He will always come through for us in His time. I just have to "be still" and "be patient".

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Phil. 4: 6,7

No comments:

Post a Comment