FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not yet seen.
Heb. 11:1

Sunday, April 5, 2009

FCC Easter egg hunt

It was a beautiful day for an Easter egg hunt! Our local FCC (families with children from China) gets together for holidays, however, I'm usually working. But today worked out great. I didn't have to work and the weather was awesome. We met at our local park for some fun. Before the egg hunt, the kids loved climbing on the huge boulders (6 or 7 in all). In fact, I think Maggie was more excited about climbing on the boulders instead of looking for eggs. So I have more pictures of the kids on the rocks than during the egg hunt. Once we started looking for eggs, I couldn't keep up with the kids. It's so funny because the wee little ones (2 to 4) reach so precisely to pick up their eggs and their parents get that awesome candid cute shot. It's hard to believe how fast they grow. I couldn't get a good picture of Jacob finding an egg. And the girls, they were here, there, and everywhere. I did see Emmi taking her time not to get in the way of the wee little ones. I remember taking Emmi and Maggie to an Easter egg hunt a few years ago and they were the little ones. The big kids were running circles around the little kids. It seemed so unfair for the little ones.
After all the eggs were found, the kids all sat down to open each egg and find the treasure tucked inside. A quick rest before eating the cute cup cakes and egg shaped popcorn balls. One of the moms brought cup cakes that looked like little Easter baskets. The icing was green with green coconunt and decorated with jelly beans (oh and it tasted as good as it looked too). It was such a great time to fellowship with friends and see our children play together!
Four years ago, the same egg hunt I mentioned above, I knew we had a son, Jacob. We were on our way to the FCC Easter egg hunt in Nashville and I knew then that we would begin the journey to bring him home. Jacob's file was to be returned to China in a matter of days and when I looked at his file again, I knew he was ours. God truly works in wonderous ways as He had it all planned!

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7,8

No comments:

Post a Comment