FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not yet seen.
Heb. 11:1

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Having Hope!

All through this adoption journey I had held on to one thing, HOPE! I knew in my heart that God had a special plan for us, another child. Even though it took me over 7 months to submit to His will, I heard the call. Some of my replies were; not now, how can we, next year will be a better time, etc. I kept hearing over and over; lead so others may see, trust and obey. Those are just a few. Deep down, I knew God had a fourth child for us. But what's funny is that we usually always want to make the "plan" ourselves and not let God be in control.

This morning during our worship service at church, our pastor, Jason spoke about "Hope". Before the service began my thoughts were; I wonder how this sermon will speak to me? All the others have seem to be directly related to this adoption in some sort of way. What about this one? Then as Jason started, it hit me. One of the things he said was "when you have hope you are encouraged. You are engaged and you are encouraging. It makes you enjoyable." I thought back to last year and this adoption journey so far. What Jason said is so true. We took a total leap of faith as we were not financially prepared to start another adoption last year. But through hope, determination, encouragement of friends (who also stepped up to offer to help us fundraiser) we have made it this far. "In the midst of pain & problems, HOPE shines!" I thank the Lord everyday for his persistence & provisions. And I thank my bloggy friends who have helped us along this journey so far with the adoption expenses.

For those just beginning the adoption journey or who's hearts are being pulled to a particular child, "have HOPE".


We are so excited to be getting so much closer to bringing our daughter home, hoping to be dtc soooooon.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment