FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not yet seen.
Heb. 11:1

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!   I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving day!!!  I am so grateful, appreciative, and thankful to all of you who helped us bring Faith home.  And I haven't forgotten you.  Life
is well, busy.  The transition has been loooooong and not easy.  But we are making some progress.   I will be back on my groups and FB one of these days.  Working full time with 4 kiddos is a little challenging.  But I'm finding my way. 

We just celebrated two birthdays this week; Emmi turned 13 on Monday and Faith turned 13 on Tues.  They are like night and day.  I think about it often how Emmi was adopted at 1 year and has grown into this beautful young lady.  Now with Faith, I think about all she has missed.  She is a beautiful young lady as well and I look so forward to seeing her heart warm and grow, especially in God.   We are having to go back and reteach behaviors.  But we are making some progress.  You can read all the books there are to prepare you for an older child adoption, but nothing I read prepared me for this adoption.  It's not bad, just challenging and sometimes a little overwhelming.  But we've come a long way in the last six months. 

Here are some pictures of my virtual twins (age only).  Aren't they beautiful? 

Emmi with Jacob!!!  She chose strawberry cheesecake instead of a traditional birthday cake.

Mmmmmm!  Cheesecake!!!

Jacob taking pictures of the event!

Faith turned 13 too!!!  The very next day! 

Oh my goodness!!!  She loved her cake!!!

Emmi recycled her groovy girls and gave them as a gift!!!  Faith loved 'em!!!

She loved opening her presents!!!

This child grabbed me and gave me the biggest hug for this ring and bracelet!!!  It's very glitzy costume jewelry which she loves!!!  I think it was her favorite gift.  Oh yea, she LOVES pink!!!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment