FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not yet seen.
Heb. 11:1

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day/One Week Home!

  Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's today!!!  I can't believe I'm the mom to four kiddos.  Never
would I have imagined I would be blessed to be a mom and to four amazing kids. 

  We've had a lot of firsts this week.  It feels so good to have made it through our first week home.   I could tell Faith was sad when the kids went to school on Monday.  They played pretty good together the first weekend she was home.  Other than being annoyed at her for being too loud and not being respectful of personal property, we certainly can't complain.   Even though we've talked about it over and over again, it's hard not to have the "normal".   And what we all tend to forget is that this isn't normal for Faith either.  Her world has been turned upside down.  We'll eventually get to the normal.  It'll just take some time. 

  Some of the first this week for Faith includes "probably" her first ever hair cut.  Her hair was so damaged that I just couldn't wait to get it cut.  While we were in China, I tried to put some leave in conditioner in it while it was wet but she wouldn't let me.  When she brushed her hair big clumps of it would come out.  So when I asked her about cutting her hair, she immediately gestlured that she wanted it cut like Emmi's, bangs and all.   We went to the mall last Monday and she sat down in the chair and eagerly showed the lady where she wanted it cut.  I can't believe how much healthier it already looks.  Of course some of it could be that we're actually using shampoo now.  It's so pretty and thick, very course like Maggie's. 

  Earlier last week we walked over to our school's playground and Faith sat down in a swing.  I know for sure that that had to be her first experience to swing.  Now that I think about it, there are no backyards in China and I really don't remember seeing any swings at the parks (but not sure about that).  I pushed her in the swing and Maggie and Jacob showed her how to bend her legs to push herself to swing higher.  By the time we were ready to go, she had it down pretty good.    I'm sure she also slid down a slide for the first time too.  When it was time to go, she shood her head "no".  She wanted to stay and play more. 







  Her first appointment with our pediatrician wasn't so great.  Unfortunately, she had
to retake seven shots and we still have to go get a polio shot sometime this week.  By the 6th
shot, she started crying.  I felt so bad her.  It just makes no sense that she had to redo
"everything".   After we finished, I stopped and got her a chocolate milkshake, probably another
first too! 

  I took her shopping earlier in the week too.  We looked for some shorts and something for church. 
When we were walking into the store she looked at me and said "happy''.   We walked out with
a few needed items including some new cute flip flops.  Her feet are healing nicely and they look
so much better now that they can breath and actually stretch out.  Her poor feet look like they've been
scrunched into too small of a shoe. 

 Today we had another first,  She attended church for the first time.  I took her to the Chinese
fellowship.  They were so kind to give me a small electronical advice where a sweet Chinese
lady translated the entire sermon just for me.  It was really good.  I didn't know what to expect
but he certainly did a good job.  I know Faith probably didn't get a thing out of it, but,
hopefully soon, she'll begin to understand God's word and how He loves her.   One day at a time!!! 

  Tomorrow we see the nerurologist for the first time.  Faith has been taking a pill twice a day and now we're almost out.  From what I've found out about this medicine, it can slow thinking.  And it
looks like it's way too strong for her age.  It'll be great to get her seen by someone here in the states.
The neurologist is actually Chinese so hopefully he can talk to her and find out some more information and she'll know what's going on too.   We did find out at the pediatrician that Faith's
thyroid is enlarged.  This could be the reason she isn't active and her weight is off for her age.
We will also be having blood work done this week too.  Please pray she gets through all the
lab work. 

  All in all it's been a good first week, sleepless nights and all.   Tomorrow starts week 4 since
we've had Faith.  Hopefully we can pick up some more English this week.   She will be
enrolled in the 6th grade for fall and evaluated once she's enrolled.  We're learning
as much as we can to help us along when we do start.  

Many blessings,
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment