FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not yet seen.
Heb. 11:1

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another artist in the family?

I can tell you I was pretty doubtful that one of the kids would win the artist contest at our local pediatricians office since they were all in the same age category and only one person would win. The winning pictures were to be announced sometime in May. May came and went and we didn't hear anything so I figured we wouldn't hear any news. In fact, I guess I was kind of glad we hadn't heard as I hated that only one would win in their age category. So as we went into June I received a phone call from the pediatricians office. They left a message wanting to talk to me about Maggie. I couldn't figure out what they wanted. In fact it kind of bothered me. What was wrong? We played phone tag for a couple of days with the lady that left the message and finally she left a message letting us know that Maggie had won the artist contest in her age bracket. Wow, I wasn't expecting that at all. Not that she's not a good artist, she just doesn't seem to care about it as much as Jacob. He is such the artist and does his work with such care and enthusiasm that I just knew if one of them won it would be him. I will have to say that he was pretty disappointed that he didn't win too. It took about two minutes for him to get over, after my speech about good sportsmanship of course. When he won the "Big Red" (WKU's mascot) coloring contest, the girls congratulated him. So I had to remind him how they supported him. So hopefully he learned a lesson from it. Anyway, Maggie's won a $25 gift card to Toys R Us and her picture was framed and hung on the wall at the ped. office. It looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment